Oops make that Guido Nielsen's James Scott
Phil P
2006-09-26 20:38:47 UTC
Have these recordings been discussed here? What's the general opinion of the
performances? From the 30 second snippets I've heard, some seem a bit dry, both
in performance and sound, but some seem well done.

What about his Joplin compared to Rifkin?
Ashley Vernon
2007-01-19 23:23:57 UTC
Post by Phil P
Have these recordings been discussed here? What's the general opinion of the
performances? From the 30 second snippets I've heard, some seem a bit dry, both
in performance and sound, but some seem well done.
What about his Joplin compared to Rifkin?
Hi. I've been around this newsgroup for a while now, but I like to
disappear from time to time, and then reappear...

I personally really like Guido Nielsen's work. It may seem dry to some
people but is almost completely accurate, as far as I can tell, which I
really like. Joshua Rifkin's work I also enjoy, but he would add
variations of his own to pieces from time to time. If you don't mind
the creative liberties now and then (which Rifkin didn't take a lot of,
just some) I think Rifkin's playing might be considered better and
smoother. But I really appreciate the consistent clarity and
conciseness of Nielsen's playing.

-Ashley