CHARLES TEMPLETON RAGTIME MUSIC FESTIVAL
s***@sheetmusiccenter.com
2007-03-18 03:16:04 UTC
Hello Fellow Ragtimers,

I noticed nobody mentioned anything about this upcoming Ragtime
Festival.
Here's the lineup and a link to their website for more info.

March 23-25: Seminars in Mitchell Memorial Library, concerts in McComas
Hall Theatre, Mississippi State University Campus, Starkville, Ms.
Featuring Jeff Barnhart, Mimi Blais, Neville Dickie, Tracy Doyle, David
Jasen, Sue Keller, Virginia Tichenor, and Richard Zimmerman. Tours of
Charles H. Templeton Music Museum also offered. Details from
http://library.msstate.edu/templeton/festival/. Phone: (662) 325-2559.

Best,
Joel

Ragtimes On eBay at:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ200QQsassZragtimes

Neatsheets On eBay at:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ200QQsassZneatsheets

My Website:
http://www.sheetmusiccenter.com
e***@gmail.com
2007-03-19 17:14:21 UTC
The planners certainly managed to keep this event a secret.

So that I don't fall into the same error, here's an early notice for a
ragtime concert to be held at St. Michael's Cemetery (Scott Joplin's
resting place) in East Elmhurst, NY <http://www.stmichaelscemetery.com/
, on Saturday, May 12, 2007, approximately 12:15 to 3pm (time is
subject to slight change). This will be the third annual concert
held at this venue, and this year's lineup includes Terry Waldo,
Howard Alden, and a choral/soloists group from the Presbyterian Church
of St. Albans that will present excerpts from Treemonisha. I will
give a talk on Treemonisha preceding the concert. The concert is free
and sponsors will offer free sandwiches, soft drinks, and beer. (The
beer is contributed by Celeste Beatty of the Harlem Brewing Company.
Celeste is the great-great-grandniece of Dan McCabe, celebrated
minstrel & friend of Scott Joplin.)

Ed Berlin
Colin D. MacDonald
2007-03-26 01:55:03 UTC
Ed, thank you for posting the information on the St. Michael's Cemetery
event.

The West Coast Ragtime Society maintains a calendar of ragtime events. They
had a posting for the Templeton festival on their calendar. I forwarded the
information that you provided for the St. Michael's Cemetery event to the
WCRS webmaster. The event has been posted on the site at
www.westcoastragtime.com. (They didn't mention the free beer however. )

Unfortunately, it seems that many performers and ragtime organizations don't
avail themselves of using this newsgroup or providing information to other
ragtime newsletters or websites. The Classic Ragtime Society
(http://www.indianarag.org/) sends out a monthly newsletter with
information on upcoming ragtime events. Those who wish to promote their
events could contact the folks in Indianapolis.

When I was the webmaster, I spent a good deal of time googling the internet
to pick up information on events. But it is much easier if the information
is fed to the webmaster. In my case, I did not have a daytime job so it was
not as much a burden as it would be for webmasters who have other
obligations.

I encourage the performers and organizations to make use of this newsgroup
and societies like the West Coast Ragtime Society and the Classic Ragtime
Society.