What is this tune called?
8***@tonyjeffs.com
2006-12-11 16:06:41 UTC
Mark knopfler plays it after several seconds of a French guy talking on
this YouTube video.

I started to learn it when i was a kid, but forgot about it.
B C C# B' - C# A G - C# B' C# A G
What is it called?

Thanks
Tony
Bill Edwards
2006-12-11 19:24:57 UTC
The tune sounds like a take on the famed Boogie Woogie, but is in
essence a blues riff, and does not sound overly-specific. That it
starts with the melody on the ninth, and not the seventh, like Boogie
Woogie, removes some of the specificity, but it follows a similar
pattern, thus it may sound familiar. That's as close as I can come.

You probably figured out that it was followed by That's All Right Mama.

Bill Edwards
8***@tonyjeffs.com
2006-12-12 02:10:39 UTC
Post by Bill Edwards
The tune sounds like a take on the famed Boogie Woogie, but is in
essence a blues riff, and does not sound overly-specific. That it
starts with the melody on the ninth, and not the seventh, like Boogie
Woogie, removes some of the specificity, but it follows a similar
pattern, thus it may sound familiar. That's as close as I can come.
You probably figured out that it was followed by That's All Right Mama.
Bill Edwards
Hi Bill
Someone told me in this group...
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk.music.guitar/browse_frm/thread/aacd8a7709fcbfd0/01b8aef588df6d6a?hl=en#01b8aef588df6d6a

It is called Mississippi Blues. I learned it as a kid from a Stefan
Grossman album, but I'd completely forgotton it.

Maybe i'll look up Scotty Moore :-)

cheers
Tony