New Scott Joplin book
e***@gmail.com
2007-06-02 21:37:03 UTC
I've just received a new book on Scott Joplin, though I don't expect
to read it: it's in Japanese. In an accompanying letter to me, the
author translates the title as "Scott Joplin: True Stories of
Ragtime." From what I can make out of the book -- looking at the
illustrations and occasional English words, titles, and names -- it is
part biography, part ragtime history, part current scene of ragtime.

The author is Junichi Tomono, who some of you may have met last year
when he was in the U.S., making a Joplin pilgrimage. His visits
included Texarkana, Sedalia (during the festival), St. Lou, and NY.
He and his lady friend honored Andree and me with a pleasant visit to
our home one day.

Ed
J***@gmail.com